Full Day Architecture Paths of Phnom Penh
- Discover New Khmer Architecture in Phnom Penh
- A cycle ride through the French Quarter
- Enjoy an interesting boat trip on the Tonle Sap Lake along with the transquil atmosphere
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel around 08:00 – 08:30 and we depart for a city tour of a different kind.
Tourism and investment are booming in Phnom Penh, and the Cambodian capital’s rich architectural heritage is a big draw. Our tours focus on buildings erected after Cambodia's independence in 1953, a style described as 'New Khmer Architecture', while setting these within the historical context of Phnom Penh. Meant to be a brief historical introduction to the city, the tour includes a selection of well-known buildings as well as some less obvious examples, i.e. of religious architecture.
Enjoy lunch at Van’s Restaurant – the 150 year old building that was constructed in French colonial style for the purpose of housing the Indochina Bank. It became the property of the Cambodian Van family in 1960, and served as the family residence for many years. After a tour of the villa, enjoy an amazing lunch of French delicacies before taking a cycle ride through the French Quarter.
Traveling by cyclo (a Cambodian pedal-powered rickshaw) is a special way of experiencing the streets and buildings of the city. These will take us to Phnom Penh Port, where they will get on a boat trip along the Tonlé Sap Lake in the spectacular evening light. This offers you a view of the river banks, filled with lively examples of Phnom Penh’s architectural periods. Enjoy a refreshing coconut drink and the transquil atmosphere on the lake, there is no better way to admire the city’s architectural variety.
The tour ends around 18:00 at your hotel.
- The pickup and drop off is available for hotels in Phnom Penh city central only. Other locations are subject to the availability and will incur the supplement surcharge.
- Kindly present at the lobby of your hotel 15 minutes prior to the pickup time.
- Local English speaking guide
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicles
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Lunch at Van’s Restaurant
- Sunset cruise with drinks and snacks.
- Bottled water and cold towels
- Other drinks and personal expenses
- Any other items not mentioned