Full Day Oudong by Road & River - Phnom Penh
- Explore the historic pagodas and stupas of Oudong
- Stop to visit the village of Kompong Luong
- Visit the spectacular Vipassana Dhura Buddhist Meditation Center and get to know Insight Meditation
- Discover the former capital of Cambodia
- Climb the steps for magnificent views from the Oudong mountain
- Discover religious culture of the locals
Between 08:00 – 08:30, our guide will pick you up at your hotel and transfer to Oudong. It was once Cambodia's capital, but when that title relocated to Phnom Penh the area of Oudong returned to simpler life composed largely of small villages, rice farmers and palm wineries. impressive stupa. On the way you will see the lifestyle of living from the city to the rural area.
En route, we will stop to visit Kompong Luong village, famous for its silverwork You then can watch silversmiths working away, squatting on the floor of their houses built along the quiet Tonle Sap. The craftsmen welcome customers and are more than happy to negotiate prices for their ready-made wares or accept custom-made orders.
Upon arrival at Oudong, we visit Vipassana Dhura Buddhist Meditation Center, where you will be explained about Vipassana Dhura (Insight Meditation). Don’t miss out the impressive Jade Buddha, embalmed monks and the walls telling lots of stories about the detinations.
After that, we climb the stairway of the impressive stupa to enjoy a panoramic view of the surrounding countryside. You will be impressed by the Khmer architecture sprinkled across 2 ridges of the foothills of the Udong mountains. Spend some time to take the panoramic views before descending and heading to a local picnic area for lunch. Have time for relaxing after lunch.
From Phnom Penh to Udong, learn the authentic riversides life, the stunning overview on countryside and river as you cruise across Tonle Sap River. Arrice in Phnom Penh, we will travel back to your hotel. The tour ends around 17:00.
- The pickup and drop off is available for hotels in Phnom Penh city central only. Other locations are subject to the availability and will incur the supplement surcharge.
- Kindly present at the lobby of your hotel 15 minutes prior to the pickup time.
- Local English speaking guide
- Tours and transfer as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicle and by wooden boat
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Lunch at a local picnic site
- Bottled water and cold towels
- Other drinks and personal expenses
- Any other items not mentioned