Full Day Phnom Penh Sightseeing
- Explore most popular attractions of Phnom Penh
- Have a glance at the darkest period of Cambodia’s history
- Shopping chance to test your bargaining skill
Between 08:00 – 08:30, our guide will pick you up at your hotel to take you on a full day tour in Phnom Penh. Through time, the capital city maintains considerable charm with plenty to see It exudes a sort of provincial charm and tranquillity with French colonial mansions and tree-lined boulevards amidst monumental Angkorian architecture. Our first stop will be the Royal Palace, which serves as the residence of the King, a venue for court ceremony and as a symbol of the Kingdom. Attached to the Palace compound, the Silver Pagoda is unique amongst pagodas, named for its silver tiled floor, it is where the King meets with monks. Continue to the National Museum, built around a central courtyard where the galleries are arranged chronologically to present the history of Khmer art.
Afternoon, we take a look at the darkest period of Cambodia’s history with a tour to Tuol Sleng Prison (S-21) and the Killing Fields at Choeung Ek. The Tuol Sleng compound now serves as a museum, a memorial and a testament to the madness of the Khmer Rouge regime. Many of the Cambodians during that period ended up dumped in one of the dozens of ‘killing fields’ that can be found scattered across the country. Later there’s time for you to visit the Russian Market and wander around for souvenirs, local goods… It carries huge selection of curios, silks and carvings, making it one of the best markets in town for shopping. The tour ends when we take you back to your hotel around 17:00 and tour ends.
- The pickup and drop off is available for hotels in Phnom Penh city central only. Other locations are subject to the availability and will incur the supplement surcharge.
- Kindly present at the lobby of your hotel 15 minutes prior to the pickup time.
- Local English speaking guide
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicles
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Bottled drinking water and cold towels
- Other drinks and personal expenses
- Any other items not mentioned