THE RICE PADDY EXPERIENCE
• Cycle from your hotel to the captivating Hoi An countryside
• Meet local rice farmers and chat about their daily life over a cup of tea in their workplace (a rice paddy!)
• Learn about the process of rice cultivation
• Throw on some farming clothes, wade into the mud and get stuck in!
• Try out some traditional farming equipment-take a ride on a water buffalo!
• Get rewarded for all your hard work by feasting on local produce with the farmer
Rice is a staple diet in many Asian countries, especially in Viet Nam. Perhaps, you have seen rice growing in most Asian rice paddy fields. However, you may not know the process of rice cultivation in Viet Nam. This tour will give you the opportunity to take part in the rice paddy farming with the local farmers. On this, you will learn how to cultivate rice in the field and experience the challenges of the Vietnamese farmers. Leave your hotel by bicycle and ride to the countryside crossing through rice paddies and enjoy the fresh air (a minivan is available for guests than cannot ride a bike). Meet the local farmers, discuss about the daily life of local farming and enjoy a cup of tea in the middle of the rice paddy field. Wear farming clothes before getting into the muddy rice field. Your tour guide will provide an introduction and explanation about the process rice farming and how it grows in the wet field. Take part in the work to learn how to grow rice using water buffalo ploughs. Transplant baby wet rice at the rice paddy field. Enjoy riding the water buffalo in a small pond at a rice farm. Have a local meal with the local farmer in their home, then cycle back to the hotel.
-Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
-Bicycle or van
-English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
-Farming uniforms: Clothes, conical hat, boot and gloves
-One unit of soft drink
-A local rice meal with a local farmer family
-Tips and gratuities
-Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.