TRA CO – Northeastern extreme
• Discover the stunning natural scenery of the 15kms Tra Co Beach with its soft white sand, clear blue water and forest of casuarinas
• Enjoy clear views of China and try to spot underground war shelters at Con Mang
• Learn about local history by visiting historical Tra Co Communal House.
Day 1: Ha Long – Tra Co (-/L/D)
We will pick you up at your hotel and drive 170 km to Tra Co Beach on the China border. Tra Co is known for wide beaches; smooth, white sand and clear blue seawater all year round. Located on the edge of Tra Co Peninsula, the beach is about 15 km long and is the border of a natural island created by the impact of waves and sea stream onto the shore. Just nearby, you can see a shadowed casuarinas forest, used to protect the inner village from hurricanes and the sand from erosion.
Approximately 6 kilometers from the beach, there is a place where travelers can relax by watching the romantic sunrise or sunset at Con Mang, where the sand is smooth and so solid that you can ride a motorbike on it. Close to Con Mang is Sa Vi, Viet Nam’s border point with China. Tourists can clearly see China from this point and although the War Border was abandoned long ago, you can still find underground shelters scattered along both sides. Overnight in Tra Co.
Day 2: Tra Co – Ha Long (B/L/-)
After breakfast, spend some free time relaxing on the beach, or if interested visit the historical Tra Co Communal House. Built in 1462, it is the pride of Tra Co people. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before the drive back to Ha Long to return to your hotel.
• Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
• Entrance fees
• Meals: 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
• Twin shared accommodation (2pax/room)
• Bottled drinking water
• English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
• Tips and gratuities
• Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.