VAN PHUC SILK VILLAGE HALF DAY TOUR
- Escape the big city to experience Van Phuc, a peaceful Vietnamese Village with communal houses, fish ponds and ancient banyan trees (45 min car ride)
- Visit some local families who are keeping the 1000-year-old tradition of Silk Weaving alive
- Watch & learn every step of the intricate Silk Weaving process
We will pick you up from your hotel for a 45-minute car ride heading North-West of Ha Noi to Van Phuc silk village. This well-known village is traditionally associated with silk weaving in Ha Dong. The craft of silk weaving was started over 1000 years ago in Van Phuc and remains a rich tradition to this day. You will take a peaceful stroll and enjoy an ancient view of a Northern Vietnamese village, with communal houses, fish ponds and ancient banyan trees all alongside modern houses. Then, we will visit the families for whom silk production is a way of life. Watch, as we learn the stages of producing handmade silk: from spinning and gluing, through weaving and finishing of the silk wares. Afterward, we will visit the shrines of the village where the first masters are worshipped. This tour is a great chance to shop for silk products at reasonable prices before heading back to Ha Noi.
All cancelation from guest arise additional charges as follows:
- More than 7 days before departure: No charges - From 7 days to 3 days before departure: 10% of the tour price.
- From 72 hours to 24 hours before departure: 50% of the tour price.
- Less than 24 hours before departure or No show: 100% of the tour price.
-Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
-Bottled drinking water
-English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
-Tips and gratuities
-Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.